Sunday, May 17, 2009

Walgreens Deals This Week - 5/17 to 5/23



Here are some of the Walgreens highlights this week:

Register Rewards Deals:
(I know I have some new readers, so I'm going to give a quick explanation of the Walgreens register rewards. They are coupons that print out after you pay, and can be used for ANYTHING you purchase on your next transaction. Keep in mind that you cannot roll register rewards for the same deal. So, for example you can't buy the Colgate Visible White toothpaste, get the $4.49 RR and then take that same RR to buy another one and get another print out. The 2nd time around, a register reward will not print. So, you have to carefully plan your transactions to make the most of your register rewards. I'll list my register rewards scenario for this week down below. Another thing to keep in mind is that a RR is considered a manufacturer coupon, and you cannot have more manufacturer coupons than you have items.)

** Also keep in mind that if you are military, most Colorado Springs Walgreens give a 15% military discount on Tuesdays. To get the discount, you must pay at the cosmetics counter and show your ID.

Colgate Visible White toothpaste $4.49, get a $4.49RR
Use the $1 coupon from HERE
Final cost FREE + an extra $1!

Skintimate Shave Gel or Edge Shave Gel $1.99, get a $1RR
Use the .75 Skintimate coupon from the 4/26SS, or use the .75 Edge coupon from the 5/17 SS insert
Final cost .25 after coupon and RR

Right Guard Deodorant Professional Strength $5.99, get a $5RR
Use the $1 coupon from the 4/19SS
Final cost FREE!

Glade Sense and Spray or Lasting Impressions $8.99, get a $1.50RR
Use the $4 coupon from the 5/10SS
Final cost $2.49, however I wouldn't buy them at Walgreens - these are on roll back for $5 at Wal-Mart, use the same $4 coupon and get them for $1!

BIC Bonus pack utility Lighter $2.99, get a $1RR
Use the $1 coupon from the 5/17SS
Final cost - .99

Off Clip-on mosquito repellent $8.99, get a $3RR
Use the buy one get one free coupon from HERE
Then, use the $2 coupon from the 5/17SS
for the one that is not free
Final cost $3.99 for 2, $2 each

Other good deals:
Purex laundry detergent B1G1 FREE
Use the B1G1 FREE coupon that was previously available to print (sorry it's no longer out there), and get 2 bottles "free" - in reality, the coupon is for up to $7, so it will be $1.99 for 2 bottles of laundry soap.

Reynolds foil 20 ft or wax paper 75 ft .89 with in ad coupon
Use the .55 coupon from the 4/19SS
Final cost .34!

Mix n Match household cleaners (Soft Scrub, Lime-a-way, Scrubbing Bubbles, Windex, Nature's Source - 2/$6
Use the B1G1 Free Soft Scrub coupon from the 5/17 SS insert, and get 2 Soft Scrub items for $3, only $1.50 each!

Scotch Tape (3 pack) - 2/$3 or $1.50 each...I don't know about you, but at my house with my 3 and 5 year olds - we go through a LOT of tape! :)

There are lots of in ad coupons for Coke products, Gatorade, Nestle Spring Water, Splenda, Scott Bathroom tissue, paper plates, Mitchum Deodorant, Royal Gelatin, Deerfield Farms Cheese, Hershey's candy bars, digital prints, Joy Dish liquid, facial tissue, water balloons, alli weight loss starter pack, Brawny paper towels, and the wax paper or aluminum foil one - so be sure to check the ad - you can pick one up off of the rack at the front of the store!

OK, so here's my RR plan this week:
Right now I have a $5 RR that I got last week. I plan to take it and buy the Colgate Invisible White toothpaste. Because I have a printable coupon as well as a RR, I will also be buying the .99 paper plates using the Walgreens in-ad coupon. I'll also throw in 2 .49 Hershey's candy bars with the in ad coupon to get my total before tax over $5. I will pay .46 plus tax and get a RR for $4.49
I will take my $4.49 RR and buy the Right Guard professional, which will be $4.99 with my coupon. In order to use both the manufacturer coupon and the register reward, I'll need a filler item, so I will get something as cheap as possible, pay less than a dollar and get another $5 RR.
I'll take my $5 RR and do the B1G1 Purex deal with the B1G1 coupons twice, which will bring my total to about $4, then I'll throw in a Skintimate or Edge Shave Gel and with my coupon it will be $1.24, which will use up the rest of my $5 RR. I'll pay some change and I'll get a $1 RR to use on something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment