Tuesday, April 21, 2009

My Safeway Run Tonight

First, I have to say that it was SO nice to leave the house ALL alone tonight. It has been a long while since I left without at least one child, and usually 3. Once the kids were in bed, I headed out for my Safeway run. Grand total spent on the items pictured....



$15.43!! I actually kind of lucked out. I separated my purchase into 2 transactions. When the first transaction was finished - no $10 Catalina printed out. So, I asked about it and it turned out that the catalina machine was broken. Fortunately, the manager was my cashier and she decided to just subtract the $10 for the first one from my second order and then proceeded to subtract the $10 from my 2nd transaction right off. So, transaction number 1 came to $14.74 and number 2 came to .69!! I left Safeway smiling. Here's a run down of what I got:

7 Electrasol Finish Powerball (these alone would have been $28 at the SALE price!)
1 bag of Wacky Mac
6 Capri Sun Sunrise 10 packs
3 Chef Boyardee cans of pasta
4 Bertolli pasta sauces
2 Campbell's Select Harvest soups
2 Skippy peanut butter
6 Pasta Roni boxes of pasta

The only item I didn't have a coupon for was the Chef Boyardee cans. I only got those because I needed filler items to get my promotion totals to $30.

By the way, I did not purchase any of the coupons I used. I get 2 newspapers each week, and after that all of the coupons I used are ones that people save for me and I pick up every week or 2. I simply did a craigslist post requesting the Sunday inserts if anybody gets the paper and doesn't use them. It ends up being a little trip around town on Mondays, but as you can see - it pays off nicely!

No comments:

Post a Comment