Sunday, March 1, 2009

A GREAT Safeway Trip


Yesterday after my free oil change (went to a dealership for a VIN verification a few weeks ago so that we could get our cars registered here, and not only did they give me both VIN verifications free - they normally cost $20 each, but they also handed me 2 coupons for free oil changes - now that is a lucky day!) I made a stop in to Safeway to grab some of the items that were only on sale Saturday and Sunday. The cranky lady behind me who didn't like the stack of coupons I had in my hands was probably feeling a little envious as I scanned my debit card for my $2.89 purchase and walked out the door with everything you see pictured. By the way, we're not diabetic, so the Glucerna cereal purchase doesn't make a lot of sense...unless you know that those boxes cost $4.99 a piece and I had 2 $5.00 off coupons for them...and, unless you know that I needed to spend $50 to use the extra $10 off Safeway coupon. LOVING these deals!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. I love when people ask why in the world I bought something..... and it is only to get a better deal for something else! I am donating the items I don't want to the food bank or homeless shelter or some place like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great trip! I always love it when the people behind you in line suddenly look at you differently after the cashier says you saved 90% or whatever.

    ReplyDelete